Health and Safety GuidelinesUpdated October 2020
Dear Ignite Community,
Beginning November 2020 we look forward to welcoming students back to our studio for hands-off Interactive Demonstration sessions. As we open up our space again, we are committed to maintaining a safe place for our students and artists to learn, work, and create beautiful glass art. We have made some changes and added health and safety policies that we ask all customers and students to follow, based on the guidelines of the CDC and Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot (listed below).
New Building Safety Protocols
- Ignite will hire a full-time custodian who will routinely clean each day, paying special attention to sanitize all major touch points Monday–Sunday.
- Classroom/studio equipment will be completely sanitized between classes throughout the day.
- Hand sanitizer stations and touch-less soap dispensers can be found throughout our building.
- Doors and windows will remain open wherever possible in order to increase ventilation and reduce contact.
Student Precautions and Protocols
- Self-Health screenings are required before entry: check to see if you are exhibiting any Covid-19 symptoms prior to building entry. If you do have symptoms, wait to enter premises until you have had no fever for at least 72 hours, other symptoms have improved, and at least 10 days have passed since your symptoms first appeared.
- Before beginning your demo session, please use hand sanitizer or wash your hands.
- All students must maintain a 6-foot distance between non-household individuals when possible.
- Masks must be kept on at all times while inside our building, unless you have a health issue that inhibits your ability to do so. If you are unable to wear a mask inside our building due to health reasons, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All customers will be asked to sign liability waivers regarding both glassblowing and COVID-19 acknowledgements. Failure to sign these waivers will forfeit your ability to have a class with us.
- Water fountains will no longer be available for use. Please be sure to bring your own water!
These guidelines are created with your safety in mind. If you do not adhere to these protocols, you will be asked to leave in order to protect the health and safety of your fellow classmates, teachers, and our staff.